Going vegetarian may benefit everyone, including you!
Must-Have Meatless Recipes
Healthy Vegetarian Recipes and Menus
Vegetarian Meal Plan
Healthy Tofu Recipes and Cooking Tips
Guide to Cooking 20 Vegetables
Meatless Monday: Healthy Vegetarian Recipes You Must Try
Three in 100 American adults call themselves vegetarians. Try it part-time by going meat-free one or two days a week. (Below, stats to inspire you.) With bountiful summer produce, it’s easy!
1. 20% of the world’s population could be fed with the grain and soybeans used to feed U.S. cattle.
2. 5,000: gallons of water it takes to produce 1 pound of meat.
3. 25: gallons of water it takes to produce 1 pound of wheat.
4. 30% of the world’s land is involved in livestock production.
5. 4.5% more greenhouse gases are produced worldwide by animal farming than by transportation.
6. 20% reduction in meat consumption would have the same impact as switching from a standard sedan (e.g., Camry) to an ultra-efficient vehicle (e.g., Prius).
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)