November/December 2011 Table of Contents
Special: Your Holiday Cookbook
56 | Giving Thanks
Chef Michel Nischan is showing Americans a new, healthier way to celebrate the harvest by making farm-fresh fruits and vegetables accessible, affordable and, thanks to these easy Thanksgiving recipes, utterly delectable.
By Lisa Gosselin | Recipes adapted from Michel Nischan
64 | Basic to Brilliant
Whether you keep it basic or add these extra brilliant touches, holiday roasts make the perfect centerpieces for meals to remember.
By Virginia Willis
72 | Potato Harvest
For sustenance and celebration we turn humble, earthy potatoes into warming soups, crispy latkes, creamy casseroles and more.
By Carolyn Malcoun
80 | Pure Pleasures
Using all-natural ingredients, you can make holiday classics like pecan pie, trifle and yule log cake lighter, but just as dreamy as ever.
By Jessie Price | Recipes by Katie Webster
27 | Healthy in a Hurry
28 | Weeknights: Easy One-Pot Meals
37 | Pick of the Season: Pears to Share
42 | See It, Make It: 9 Instant Apps
49 | Nutrition Report: Why Can't Carol Sleep?
A bedtime story about all the things keeping you up and what to eat for a good night’s sleep.
By Matt Thompson & Katherine Basbaum
91 | From Our Test Kitchen
92 | Techniques: Healthier Vegetable Gratins
93 | Ask the Test Kitchen Manager: How to bake with whole-wheat flour
94 | Tips & Notes: How to: Make candied walnuts, toasted coconut, and more
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)