January/February 2013 Table of Contents
52 | The Town That Lost 7,961 Pounds
Could a town once known for its beer, its butter and its bratwurst get its citizens to lose weight, lower their cholesterol and eat better? In an amazing experiment, New Ulm did. Here's how.
By Rachael Moeller Gorman
62 | The Taste of the Tropics
The taste of coconut can transport you to a warmer, sunnier place. With these recipes you can enjoy it in all its forms.
By Lisa Gosselin & Karen Ansel, M.S., R.D. | Recipes by Katie Webster
72 | Power Soups
Simmer up one of these soul-warming soups, packed with vegetables and nutrients, low in calories and hearty enough to fuel your day.
By Joyce Hendley
80 | Creamy Winter Comfort
Chef John Ash shares his secret formula for rich, creamy dishes with a fraction of the calories and saturated fat.
By Melissa Pasanen | Recipes by John Ash
Good Taste • Health • Life
11 | It's Fresh Papaya Time!
12 | Super Bowl Snack Picks
14 | 7 Easy Chocolate Desserts
16 | New Reasons to Eat Early
18 | 3 Questions for the Sugar Warrior
20 | Can the Google Diet Work for You?
Healthy in a Hurry
37 | Fresh Picks: Great Grapefruit Recipes
42 | 4 Ways: Use Frozen Peas in New Ways
49 | Makeovers: Fabulous Fishwiches
89 | How to make healthier meatloaf
92 | A 60-calorie cookie
93 | The skinny on cooking spray
94 | Tips & Notes
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)