Does This Avatar Make Me Look Fat?
Get inspired by active images of yourself.
People with a fit avatar (a virtual representation of oneself) are more likely to exercise in real life, says the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research. “Seeing ‘yourself’ active may encourage you to carry it over into your life,” says Elizabeth Dean, M.A., lead study author. Not a tech geek? Post a photo of yourself working out for inspiration.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)