Does This Avatar Make Me Look Fat?
Get inspired by active images of yourself.
People with a fit avatar (a virtual representation of oneself) are more likely to exercise in real life, says the Journal of Virtual Worlds Research. “Seeing ‘yourself’ active may encourage you to carry it over into your life,” says Elizabeth Dean, M.A., lead study author. Not a tech geek? Post a photo of yourself working out for inspiration.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)