Even easier method: Only use 2 c milk, HALF the sugar and HALF the cocoa.
Just bring milk and sugar to almost boil, take off the heat, whisk in cocoa,cornstarch & couple of tsp reserved sugar, after whisking smooth in a 2-cup measuring cup with 1/2 cup milk left in the bottom. Bring to boil, constantly stirring, cook for about 2-3 min. till thickened.
No need to fuss with the egg either.
That's the way my mother made it when I was a child in Germany 60+ years ago :) Have made it this way ever since.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)