Thanks to Reviews!
I have a small crock pot, so I halved the recipe.
Thanks to the reviews below, I was able to make some adjustments, and the results were super tasty!
Because folks said it was soupy, I drained the tomatoes. I also made the first layer of sauce very minimal.
To solve the blandness problem, I put in more than twice the recommended amount of garlic, and heaping tablespoon of italian seasoning, and a heaping teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the sauce.
I added some turkey pepperoni to the veg mixture. And I was not shy with the cheese.
Like I said, the result was amazing. And so easy to make. Definitely doing this again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)