Since all of these reviews scared me into thinking it would be too bland...
I added a bunch of different stuff to spice it up!
I sauteed the tofu with onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and chopped garlic, and sauteed the sweet potatoes with all but the chopped garlic.
I ended up using 3 Tablespoons of the curry paste I chose (Patak's mild corriander and garlic curry paste,) and added some Thai Chili Garlic paste as well. I used some sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla flavoring, and a little more lime juice and salt than recommended.
I guess I used too many green beans/sweet potato, because I had to add a little more chicken broth near the end before I simmered it all.
Oh! And I used unsweetened Coconut Cream (on accident, actually,) and the consistency was very creamy and delicious.
In the end I was very pleased; not bland at all! It was very savory and filling, I served it over long grain brown rice.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)