Shrimp was good, tamale part not so much
I didn't have fresh oregano, but otherwise, I made the recipe exactly. Also, I didn't make the sauce.
I don't quite know what it was--the shrimp on the inside were very good, and I picked those out and ate those. But the tamale part came out poorly. At first I thought I could eat it, but the more I ate, the less able I was to keep eating it. I would give the recipe another try, perhaps cut it in half so it wouldn't be so wasteful. But, the tamale part didn't really quite turn out like tamales I've had in the past.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)