Not as good as i had hoped
In the picture it appears to have something crunchy on top, but the recipe doesn't call for anything, Something to give it that crunch would have really helped. Also, cutting back on the sugar is a good idea, i used the full amount and it was definitely too sweet. The rome apples we used were a little too soft, make sure to buy a more firm apple. I would also cut the apples into bigger pieces, to make them easier to cook as well as eat. Smaller pieces tend to become much after cooking for so long.
All in all, it wasn't a bad recipe, just use thicker slices, less sugar, and something to give it a crunch!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)