Not as good as i had hoped
In the picture it appears to have something crunchy on top, but the recipe doesn't call for anything, Something to give it that crunch would have really helped. Also, cutting back on the sugar is a good idea, i used the full amount and it was definitely too sweet. The rome apples we used were a little too soft, make sure to buy a more firm apple. I would also cut the apples into bigger pieces, to make them easier to cook as well as eat. Smaller pieces tend to become much after cooking for so long.
All in all, it wasn't a bad recipe, just use thicker slices, less sugar, and something to give it a crunch!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)