Inspect the Chinese spice ingredients before you make!
I should have read ALL the ingredients in the Chinese 5 spice, because I HATE licorice ANYTHING and two of the spices taste like (you guessed it!) licorice. Despite the rather overwhelming licorice-ness wafting out of my oven and scaring me into thinking I may have to throw it all out, I still liked this overall, but next time I won't use the 5-spice. I think this is a good template recipe and I'll make this again using other spices, like fresh ginger and garlic and adding cinnamon, cardamon, cloves to taste.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)