Excellent recipe- we made it wheat free
We tried this recipe last night. I really like that most of the ingredients we already had in the pantry.
My husband is allergic to wheat, so we substituted 3/4 c of minced zucchini for the breadcrumbs. Cuts the carbs a bit, and adds vegetable.
Next time we will also double or triple up on the chard leaves for more veggie content. Also going to try it with ground bison for even lower fat content. Think the bison will stay moist.
This recipe is a keeper.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)