Cream and oil in a diet recipe!
I loved recipe, and was surprised that cream and oil could be used in a recipe that was so low calorie. I had to make many substitutions to make it work for my house: broth for wine, half and half for heavy cream, onions for shallots, porta bella for shiitake. I know that the other ingredients would have worked better, but read the comments. I wish that the recipe had focused on ingredients that were more typical of a household, were less costly, and could be used for other recipes (how could a dieter use the rest of the heavy cream?).
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)