Another way to spice wheatberries up
If you are looking for a creative twist on wheat berries, try this recipe-- I worked at an organic, local coffee shop and bakery and we served this salad in bulk. It's great for something new and also great to bring to a potluck.
Sliceup some spring onions and carrots and adding them to your cooked berries. Then add equal parts miso paste (yellow or red), olive oil, and water plus some honey (1 Tbsp for each cup of the other ingredients). Finally toss in rice wine vinegar/ mirin (half the amount of honey you used) and you'll have an amazing wheat berry salad!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)