A good base recipe to embellish as you want
I'd never known to add coffee to a pot roast before this recipe.
My tweaks: Seasoned a natural beef, leaner roast very well with Himalayan sea salt and freshly cracked all-color peppercorns. Browned well. Sauteed onions til clear, added 4 chopped cloves Elephant garlic and continued saute. Didn't have thyme but used tarragon which we love. Used Community Brand Coffee & Chicory INSTANT blend very strong. Added some Cabernet Sauvignon, baby organic carrots, organic cubed russet potato, beef bouillon granules. Transferred juice to cooktop, added slight amounts of cornstarch at a time to get right consistency of gravy per amount of water created by roast. Added a little more S&P. We thought it was great.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)