Michelle Edelbaum's Blog (Page 16)
To satisfy my sweet tooth without consuming unhealthy junk food and calorie-laden sweets, I try to have a vitamin- and fiber-packed fruit dessert every night after dinner.
1. Satisfy that chocolate craving with Chocolate & Banana. A drizzle of melted chocolate chips over banana slices makes an easy treat.
2. Warm, flavorful raspberries make a pleasing contrast to cool orange slices in Orange Slices with Warm Raspberries. Another winter favorite—...read full post »
When I get a snack attack—watch out. Anything is fair game when I get ravenous and usually I reach for no-fuss (unhealthy) convenience foods to satisfy my cravings, like cookies, chocolate and high-calorie crackers. But what I really need to eat to fuel my hungry body is a healthy snack. All the better if it includes fruit or vegetables.
So I try to plan ahead and some ideas that are as appealing as junk food help too. Here are 5 of my favorite quick snack recipes (under 100 calories each) to satisfy your next hunger attack.
1. Cheesy Popcorn (75 calories per serving) Freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper dress up air-popped popcorn....read full post »
For the first time in many years, my mom and I will be together for Mother's Day. (Yay! No card this year that says, "I wish we could be together :-(. ") And now I'm a mom too. So to show Mom-a.k.a. Grandma-our appreciation this year (and spend some quality mom-time with my son), my 2-year-old fireball and I are going to make a Mother's Day brunch together.
Perfect Recipes for Mother's Day Brunch:
Easy Mother's Day Brunch Recipes
Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole and More Breakfast Casseroles
Marvelous Muffins and Quick Breads
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)