What's your favorite fast food chain for healthier options?
By Matthew Thompson, July 7, 2011 - 2:48pm
I was struck by this article on Yahoo linking to a Consumer Reports feature on the best and worst fast food (I'm sorry, "quick service") restaurants. The bottom line? Consumer Reports says think twice about slowing down for Burger King, KFC, McDonald's, or Taco Bell. The main reason: the uninspiring food and so-so service. Other major chains with relatively low scores included Arby's, Quiznos and Domino's.
Chains that got high marks were In-N-Out Burger, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Chick-fil-A and Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza.
It made me curious: when you absolutely MUST eat fast food, what do you opt for? Do certain chains seem healthier than others to you? What's your favorite thing to order?
I personally enjoy the Steak Burrito at Chipotle and, when I'm out west, the Cheeseburger at In-and-Out—though I wouldn't advise making a habit of either!
What's your favorite fast food chain for healthier options? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)