What's your favorite fast food chain for healthier options?
By Matthew Thompson, July 7, 2011 - 2:48pm
I was struck by this article on Yahoo linking to a Consumer Reports feature on the best and worst fast food (I'm sorry, "quick service") restaurants. The bottom line? Consumer Reports says think twice about slowing down for Burger King, KFC, McDonald's, or Taco Bell. The main reason: the uninspiring food and so-so service. Other major chains with relatively low scores included Arby's, Quiznos and Domino's.
Chains that got high marks were In-N-Out Burger, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Chick-fil-A and Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza.
It made me curious: when you absolutely MUST eat fast food, what do you opt for? Do certain chains seem healthier than others to you? What's your favorite thing to order?
I personally enjoy the Steak Burrito at Chipotle and, when I'm out west, the Cheeseburger at In-and-Out—though I wouldn't advise making a habit of either!
What's your favorite fast food chain for healthier options? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)