I've heard some people say that cooking meatless meals is too time consuming. But I almost always cook meatless meals at home, in part because I see it as a fast option. There are some things I always keep in my fridge and pantry to pull together quick meatless meals--eggs, beans, cheese, onions, spices, fast-cooking grains. But I've also found that stocking my freezer with frozen vegetables, such as peas, spinach, broccoli and corn, rounds out the nutrition value and flavor of my meals on nights when I don't have more time to shop for and prepare fresh veggies. Check out these must-have pantry basics for your vegetarian kitchen.
What do you stock your freezer with? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)