Did you hear about the "Flash Workout" that broke out at schools around the country on Tuesday? As part of Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative, pop star Beyonce turned her song "Move Your Body" into a workout video that was aired simultaneously at more than 600 schools across the country--students at many schools had been learning the workout beforehand. (You can watch Beyonce's Flash Workout video here.) Michelle Obama showed up at Alice Deal Middle School in Washington, D.C. to join in the dance (check out her moves here).
I love the idea of the flash workout--inspiring so many kids to get moving in such a fun, collaborative way. What do you think?
Do you know anyone who took part in the Lets Move! Flash Workout!? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)