Did you hear about the "Flash Workout" that broke out at schools around the country on Tuesday? As part of Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative, pop star Beyonce turned her song "Move Your Body" into a workout video that was aired simultaneously at more than 600 schools across the country--students at many schools had been learning the workout beforehand. (You can watch Beyonce's Flash Workout video here.) Michelle Obama showed up at Alice Deal Middle School in Washington, D.C. to join in the dance (check out her moves here).
I love the idea of the flash workout--inspiring so many kids to get moving in such a fun, collaborative way. What do you think?
Do you know anyone who took part in the Lets Move! Flash Workout!? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)