Think you don't have time to cook a healthy vegetarian dinner?
By Jessie Price, May 11, 2011 - 11:39am
Forget all this chatter about how it's hard to cook dinner, especially a vegetarian dinner. Erin posted earlier this week in this group saying that it's easy to think of a piece of chicken, a side of broccoli and rice as dinner. And that it's harder to come up with vegetarian dinner ideas. She's right. But once you do a little reimagining of what dinner can be, you'll realize there are tons of options out there, from frittatas to a hearty bowl of soup, to a big salad with lots of veggies and beans. My favorite answer when I'm pressed for time, but I still want a healthy home-cooked dinner: a sandwich or wrap. I make a quick green salad, oven fries or roasted vegetables to go with it and I'm set. Here's a collection of healthy, easy vegetarian wraps and sandwiches that will get you on the track to rethinking what dinner is.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)