I only heard of couscous Thursday or Friday during a special segment on noon news at WCYB- TV 5 Bristol, VA. with a specialist from Food City. I think I got some from a food pantry but I'm not sure. I thought it was corn meal. I haven't fixed any yet.
12/03/2013 - 12:23am
Finely dice celery and onion, fried with olive oil. Add chopped bacon and stir until well blended and bacon is cooked. Add to cooked couscous to serve as a hot pasta dish. Or can be served cold as a buffet salad.
01/25/2014 - 12:41pm
Couscous is NOT pasta - it's cracked wheat!
05/25/2014 - 1:23pm
"You can’t just dump dry couscous into a pot of boiling water and drain it. Make sure you’re using the right water-to-couscous ratio, which is 1 cup water to 2/3 cup couscous." Why not? What will happen?
06/06/2014 - 3:52pm
Wow, holy heavens this is WRONG.
Couscous is NOT BOILED it is STEAMED! Never, never boil the couscous with water this way.
Easiest way to steam without a couscoussiere...
1. take a pie tin and poke holes in the bottom
2. add 1 cup of couscous to the pie pan and rinse it, it will not fall through the holes, then allow it to sit for 10 minutes, soaking the water (you can add 1 teaspoon of salt, too.)
3. place on top of a sauce pan that is simmering your sauce on the stove and cover with another pan
and let steam for 10 to 15 minutes
4. take the pie pan off of the sauce pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup cold water, 1 tablespoon olive oil and more salt to taste. fluff this well and
5. return pie tin to top of sauce pan and steam for another 10 to 15 minutes.
6. fluff again
7. eat it
08/08/2014 - 9:53am
MY COUSCOUS COMES OUT LIKE UNCOOKED RICE, I USED 1/4 CUP COUSCOUS TO 3/4 CUP OF WATER.
07/15/2015 - 5:59am
I,m needing help my 17 year old Daughter has just come home from 2 mth in France and had 2 grand mars cook for her she loved there cooking , before she left she was a very fussy eater almost all White food now I actually don't know what to cook and she doesn't like onion ,tomato or Caspian/peppers but dose like spicy -hot food and she wants to be healthy, I really need your help .
03/12/2016 - 11:07pm
I have never heard of couscous pasta. I know in Morocco, where I have had couscous, it is the leftover of the grain that can't be ground down to flour. They waste almost nothing so they use the unground kernels as couscous. Where do they use pasta to make it???