Chocolate is definitely the way to my heart (and I make sure my heart gets some TLC at least twice a day!). I can think of very few things with chocolate that I don’t like (chocolate-covered potato chips, gummi bears or bugs).
Since I indulge regularly, I’m lucky that chocolate is actually good for me. Researchers have discovered that moderate amounts of flavanol-rich dark chocolate (my favorite) have a blood-thinning effect, which can benefit cardiovascular health, and it may also boost the immune system by reducing inflammation.
All the more reason to whip up some healthy chocolate recipes to satisfy my cravings.
Here are 4 quick chocolate desserts:
A sprinkling of crystallized ginger and dried cranberries makes these easy, chocolate-dipped gingersnaps festive.
If you’re a fan of the classic Italian dessert Tiramisu, try this quick, lower-calorie variation the next time you need a dessert in a hurry.
Crunchy wheat cereal, pretzels and almonds coated in bittersweet chocolate makes an addictive sweet-salty snack.
You don’t have to sit around a fire to enjoy S’mores. Just be sure to watch them carefully under the broiler for perfectly toasted marshmallows.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)