Healthy Hearts Challenge Tip 7: Be Choosy About Your Chocolate
By Brierley Wright, February 2, 2012 - 1:13pm
To celebrate American Heart Month and our Healthy Hearts Challenge, every day this week we’re posting a quick tip to help you eat for a healthier heart. Here’s today’s tip:
Tip 7: Be Choosy About Your Chocolate.
Studies show that chocolate increases antioxidant levels in the blood and helps lower blood pressure. But when it comes to reaping those antioxidant benefits, quality matters most. If you need a chocolate fix, treat yourself to a small square of dark chocolate—look for one that is 70 percent or more cocoa.
For more Healthy Hearts Challenge tips, meal plans and recipes, visit the Healthy Hearts Challenge landing page.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)