To celebrate American Heart Month and our Healthy Hearts Challenge, every day this week we’re posting a quick tip to help you eat for a healthier heart. Here’s today’s tip:
Tip 3: Go Unrefined.
Pick whole grains over refined grains. People who eat more whole grains tend to have lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and higher “good” HDL cholesterol. Plus, because whole grains have their bran intact they have more fiber, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and other nutrients.
For more Healthy Hearts Challenge tips, meal plans and recipes, visit the Healthy Hearts Challenge landing page.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)