You didn't discuss one of the most common foods in our kitchens: bread. Or at least my kitchen. Most of the organic and farmer's market breads that I buy (fewer preservatives) get moldy quicker than the mass produced chain-brand breads, so we are often tossing a slice or two, or cutting off moldy spots, of breads and bagels in our home. I wonder if this is okay? I would assume so, since we've been doing it for years and we are all healthy and happy still.... ??!
05/20/2012 - 9:54pm
I eat Maytag Blue Cheese!
06/29/2012 - 4:24pm
I cut the mold off and use them if there is more than an inch left that does not have mold.
08/24/2012 - 4:52pm
Okay I've had sour cream in my fridge for a while it's not moldy but a little runny. Is it still safe?
09/29/2012 - 7:59pm
I ate a piece of solid blue cheese and noticed that it had white mold all the through the holes it this piece that I ate. How likely will it be that I get sick?
12/01/2012 - 8:41pm
Cut off the green or white icky stuff and chow down. y
You can take the grey beards off straw berries by in closing them with a cap full of ammonia in plastic box. Leave the ammonia in the cap or saucer. DO NOT PUT IT ON THE BERRIES the fumes is what does the job. Wash the berries with cold clean tap water before using. As for how long to rf. Fuminate the fruit. THey ready to rinse when they are bright red again.
03/13/2013 - 11:46pm
mostly i just toss out foods with molds because if i see one speck of mold i toss it.i cant risk death instead of being alive so what would you choose death or being alive?huh.so anyway i wrote this because it happened to my granpa and he is only 24
03/14/2013 - 3:34pm
What kind of mould is on Salami?
04/01/2013 - 7:35pm
I bless them, cut as much as possible off of them and eat them. bacon too.don't try this unless you bless it first. God says that his believers can take anything unto their bodies and not be hurt, I do so appreciate your information. thanks and bless you. I never waste cheese.
05/07/2013 - 12:36pm
I keep cheese even though it's got mold on it. I have also been known to scrape the mold off the top of the sour cream container and eat what's left. I have also eaten food that's been left out over night. I just make sure to nuke it real well. I am a firm believer of germs. It's the only way our body has to defend itself. If your life is too sterile, your body has no immunities and you will get sick much easier. When I was about 18 months old, my mother found me eating mud and garden snails. I'm still not dead yet! :0)