My secret weapon for quick weeknight meals? Frozen wild salmon. I buy individually packaged portions in bulk and can quickly defrost a few pieces in water or the refrigerator to make easy salmon recipes for dinner. Plus, I’m doing my body good by eating this fatty fish packed with EPA and DHA—omega-3 fatty acids that help heart health by slowing growth of arterial plaque, lowering triglyceride levels and reducing the risk of irregular heartbeat.
A few quick recipes to try:
Get the recipe: Salmon with Pepita-Lime Butter
Lime juice, chili powder and pepitas give Salmon with Pepita-Lime Butter Mexican flair.
Get the recipe: Cashew Salmon with Apricot Couscous
Indian-inspired Cashew Salmon with Apricot Couscous uses many ingredients I always have on hand for a practically complete meal (just add a steamed vegetable).
Get the recipe: Moroccan Grilled Salmon
Tangy plain yogurt mixed with the classic ingredients for chermoula—a Moroccan spice mix—serves as both the marinade and the sauce in Moroccan Grilled Salmon.
Get the recipe: Blackened Salmon Sandwich
Or try a Blackened Salmon Sandwich, with a spread of mashed avocado and low-fat mayonnaise plus peppery arugula leaves, cool tomato slices and zesty red onion.
Get the recipe: Salmon Pinwheels
Don’t be intimidated by fancy-looking Salmon Pinwheels, they're quite easy to do. To simplify the preparation even more, leave the fillet whole. Serve with garlic-rosemary roasted potatoes and wilted spinach.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)