Thai Fried Rice recipe that's better than takeout, and cheaper too!
By Wendy Ruopp, May 29, 2014 - 1:49pm
Tonight’s assignment: figure out how to turn one pork chop into dinner for four. It doesn’t take a miracle—just this fabulous recipe for Thai Fried Rice. In four easy steps, I can make one of my favorite takeout dishes at home.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Thai Food Recipes
And it’s even faster when I have leftover rice on hand! That one boneless pork chop gets sliced into matchstick pieces—part of the secret to stretching it to serve four and a healthy way to enjoy meaty flavor with just a little bit of meat—and stir-fried with garlic. Then mushrooms hit the pan for a couple minutes, followed by the rice, scallions and one of those Thai secret ingredients, fish sauce. Garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and cucumber for some fresh green flavor and—voilà! Pork chop transformed into Thai Fried Rice for less than $2 a serving.
Thai Fried Rice
Print, save and share this recipe!
Makes: 4 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
Active time: 35 minutes | Total: 1 3/4 hours
To make ahead: Prepare rice (Step 1), cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
This Thai fried rice recipe is flavored with garlic, mushrooms and pork but feel free to use any vegetable, protein or rice you have on hand. If you have cooked rice already prepared, skip Step 1 and use 4 cups cold cooked rice in Step 3. Or for a vegetarian fried rice recipe, omit the pork and add more vegetables or tofu.
What do you like to make with leftover rice? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)