I couldn’t survive the winter without soup. It makes the cold dark days of winter much more tolerable. These days, I like to make soup at least once a week, if not more. That may seem a little monotonous, but in my world, there’s a soup to suit every occasion. Got the sniffles? Chicken noodle soup has got the cure. Well, maybe that’s a stretch, but it sure makes you feel better. Nothing is more satisfying than a creamy turkey and wild rice soup after a long day skiing. So here are a few of my favorite soup recipes. Prepare to be satisfied.
Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill: Dill makes this version of chicken noodle soup even more special, and it’s done in under an hour.
Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup: This is a healthier twist on a classic creamy turkey and wild rice soup that hails from Minnesota. Serve with a crisp romaine salad and whole-grain bread.
Broccoli, White Bean & Cheddar Soup: Broccoli, white beans and Cheddar blend together deliciously in this quick and healthy soup.
Cream of Mushroom & Barley Soup: This sophisticated take on creamy mushroom soup is rich with earthy porcini mushrooms and has the added goodness of whole-grain barley.
Citrus-Scented Black Bean Soup with Chipotle Cream: Fresh orange and lime juices provide a citrus tang that balances the earthy, rich black beans and the light spice of smoky chipotle (actually dried and smoked jalapenos). To serve alongside, doctor up your favorite cornbread recipe with added corn kernels and Cheddar cheese baked in.
What are your favorite soup recipes? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)