Quick microwaved stuffed baked potatoes for a cheap dinner
By Wendy Ruopp, April 1, 2013 - 2:54pm
The scene: My kitchen. The time: Tonight, about 30 minutes before everyone melts down from starvation. The options: Join in the meltdown; scrounge around for enough money to order pizza; or do something special with those innocent-looking potatoes in the pantry. I bought them recently, thinking it would be a good idea to have potatoes in the house, just in case. And in this case, I can turn them into Asparagus & Ham Stuffed Potatoes in 30 minutes and turn dinner drama into a satisfying family meal. (At less than $3 per serving, it’s cheaper than pizza too.)
The potatoes are easily cooked in the microwave while you organize the “stuff” to stuff them with: some steamed asparagus (or broccoli or whatever green veg you like), ham and Swiss cheese. A little sour cream makes the mixture, well, creamy and chives add a mild onion flavor and pretty green color. You top the loaded potatoes with a little more cheese and return them briefly to the microwave: who can resist such a tasty package with gooey melted cheese on top?
Asparagus & Ham Stuffed Potatoes
Print, share and save the recipe!
Asparagus adds a touch of spring to this overstuffed ham-and-cheese twice-baked potatoes recipe. Use another vegetable, such as broccoli, if you prefer.
What's your favorite topping for baked potatoes? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)