I guess it’s just my age: each summer as wedding season rolls around I know for sure I’ll be attending (perhaps even hosting!) a few bridal showers. I love bridal showers. I love that they happen during the day when the sun is shining, that they’re in the summer when all the ladies can wear their pretty little dresses and nibble on cucumber sandwiches and sip fizzy drinks guiltlessly. Everything is just so simple and light and lovely.
And that includes the menu. Here’s a simple picnic-style lunch menu for your homemade bridal shower.
What's your favorite thing to eat at a bridal shower?
More from EatingWell:
- Deviled Eggs and More Lightened-Up Finger Food Recipes
- How to Make Homemade Picnic Fruit Bars
- 7 Diet-Saving Tips for Summer Party Season
- Get a free trial issue when you subscribe to EatingWell Magazine and sign up for our free e-newsletters!
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)