Few things are more comforting than baked chicken. And Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken is one of my favorite recipes because it’s just as good cold the next day as it is hot from the oven. It’s my go-to recipe for picnics, and I’m even going to bring it to the March Madness party my friends are hosting later this month. The chicken is quickly marinated in mustard and maple syrup, then coated in breadcrumbs and baked for that crispy, delicious crust we all love. But since it’s not deep-fried, it’s way healthier than the crispy chicken-in-a-bucket from you-know-where.
Get the recipe: Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken
Some of my other favorite baked chicken recipes:
Coconut-Lime Chicken & Snow Peas: Double the flavor and halve the work simply by using the same tangy combination of coconut milk, lime juice and brown sugar for both baking the chicken and dressing the salad. Crisp romaine lettuce, cabbage and snow peas add freshness and an irresistible crunch.
Fennel, Porcini & Chicken Cacciatore: Dried porcini give an earthy punch to this Italian classic. Although it tastes great hot from the oven, the fennel-and-mushroom combination mellows beautifully overnight.
Roasted Chicken Tenders with Peppers & Onions: Call this one an update of that favorite combo, sausage and peppers. Our healthy version can be served over rice or on a roll with a little shredded cheese for a new take on a Philly cheese steak sandwich.
Want more chicken recipes? Find 25 recipes for chicken breasts, tenders, thighs and more in our chicken recipe collection plus 22 more quick chicken recipes ready in 30 minutes or less.
What's your best baked chicken recipe? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (119 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (75 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)