Ah, lasagna… Quite possibly my favorite comfort food, lasagna was one of the first dishes I learned to master post-college. I experimented with many different combinations of ingredients as the seasons changed, but Classic Lasagna layered with meat sauce and ricotta cheese filling was always my favorite.
I think the reason I mastered lasagna first was because it is the perfect dish for entertaining, which I loved—and still love—to do. A single pan makes enough to entertain several friends (and who doesn’t love Italian food?), it can be made in advance and leftovers are a beautiful thing. Once the lasagna has cooled, individually wrap pieces in foil then freeze them in an airtight container. You can defrost just the number of pieces you want—talk about the perfect fast food for singles or couples!
Looking for something a little less traditional? Try Caramelized Onion Lasagna, which gets intense flavor from blue cheese, or Squash & Leek Lasagna, full of butternut squash, leeks, pine nuts and Parmigiano-Reggiano. If making an entire pan of lasagna seems daunting, try our vegetarian Lasagna Rolls or one of our yummy comfort-food recipes.
Get the recipe: Classic Lasagna
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)