Ah, lasagna… Quite possibly my favorite comfort food, lasagna was one of the first dishes I learned to master post-college. I experimented with many different combinations of ingredients as the seasons changed, but Classic Lasagna layered with meat sauce and ricotta cheese filling was always my favorite.
I think the reason I mastered lasagna first was because it is the perfect dish for entertaining, which I loved—and still love—to do. A single pan makes enough to entertain several friends (and who doesn’t love Italian food?), it can be made in advance and leftovers are a beautiful thing. Once the lasagna has cooled, individually wrap pieces in foil then freeze them in an airtight container. You can defrost just the number of pieces you want—talk about the perfect fast food for singles or couples!
Looking for something a little less traditional? Try Caramelized Onion Lasagna, which gets intense flavor from blue cheese, or Squash & Leek Lasagna, full of butternut squash, leeks, pine nuts and Parmigiano-Reggiano. If making an entire pan of lasagna seems daunting, try our vegetarian Lasagna Rolls or one of our yummy comfort-food recipes.
Get the recipe: Classic Lasagna
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)