It’s too hot and humid for me to consider turning on my oven or stove in the evening. I’ve got the whole no-cook dinner thing down and am well versed in making my whole meal on the grill, but what about dessert? I need sweet treats in my life, but right now I don’t want to turn on the oven to bake cookies and I want more variety than ice cream.
Well, the oven isn’t my only option for cooking dessert—I can make (pretty impressive, it turns out) desserts in the microwave. Many of these dessert recipes microwave chocolate and combine it with sweet fruit or nuts for a delicious treat. Plus, they’re all ready in 15 minutes or less. How sweet is that?
Chocolate & Banana: One of my favorite desserts (since I always have bananas and chocolate chips around), this satisfies my chocolate craving with a drizzle of melted chocolate chips over banana slices for an easy treat.
Chocolate Fondue: Enjoy the chocolate while it's still warm. Skewer and dip anything you like—pear slices, dried apricots, even marshmallows.
Cherries with Ricotta & Toasted Almonds: Warm cherries topped with luscious ricotta cheese and toasted almonds makes for a rich-tasting—yet calorie-conscious—treat.
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate: A quick and healthy way to satisfy your chocolate craving.
Quick Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes: We stir a little melted chocolate into ricotta cheese for a cheesecake-like topping for chocolate wafer cookies.
What do reach for when you need a sweet treat after you eat? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)