When it comes to food, “creamy” is such an enticing word, isn’t it? It promises deliciousness and conjures up satisfying comfort food. It also usually conjures up a heap of calories and fat—but not this recipe for Creamy Mustard Chicken developed by the EatingWell Test Kitchen. Without using any heavy cream, this recipe delivers on velvety goodness while being kind to your waistline. In fact, it’s even heart-healthy!
In just 35 minutes you can boil angel hair pasta, sauté the chicken and whip up the sauce, which features shallot, a splash of white wine and the eponymous mustard. You finish the sauce with just a bit of sour cream and fresh sage. Nestle the chicken on the pasta and top with warm, rich-tasting sauce—wonderful.
Creamy Mustard Chicken
Print, save and share this recipe!
Makes: 4 servings, 1 cutlet & 1 cup pasta with 1/4 cup sauce each
Active time: 35 minutes | Total: 35 minutes
In this healthy, creamy mustard chicken recipe, thin-sliced chicken breasts (sometimes labeled chicken cutlets) cook quickly and are delicious smothered in a velvety, light mustard sauce and garnished with fresh chopped sage. If you can’t find chicken cutlets, cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into 4-ounce pieces and place between pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy skillet until flattened to about 1/2 inch thick.
What’s your favorite EatingWell creamy chicken recipe? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)