I’m hosting my first cookie swap this year. It’s an inexpensive way to get together with my favorite friends and most of them love to bake (and eat cookies, of course!).
At my cookie swap I’m going to ask all my friends to:
1. Make two dozen cookies. (When we swap, we leave with as many cookies as we came with—just different kinds!)
2. Bring a bottle of wine (it is a party, after all).
3. Fill a container to bring home their share of cookies at the end of the night.
4. Make cookies with a healthy twist (such as low-fat versions or recipes made with whole-grain flour, healthy nuts, etc.).
Since baking a healthy cookie may be a challenging idea for some of my friends, I’ll direct them to EatingWell’s top prize-winning holiday cookies, which includes more than 15 prize-winning recipes from our annual holiday cookie contest. Some of my favorite cookies—like triple-chocolate Lava Rocks—are among these recipes.
Here are more of my favorite healthy holiday cookie recipes:
Pineapple Coconut Bites—a taste of the tropics in a bite-size treat.
One Nutty Date—an extraordinary peanut butter cookie spiked with dates.
Date Bran Jingle Balls—a healthful combination of dates and whole grains.
Raspberry-Chocolate Thumbprints—versatile and decadent, yet packed with ingredients (oats, almonds, fruit and chocolate) that have healthful benefits. Make-ahead tip: Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)