I love strong flavors and plenty of heat. So Sichuan food, known for its spices, is one of my favorite Chinese regional cuisines. Kung Pao Chicken is one of the most well-known Sichuan dishes. It is super-popular on most American Chinese menus. But there’s no reason to wait until you go out to enjoy this dish. You can make it at home in just 30 minutes.
Get the recipe: Kung Pao Tofu
And when you make Chinese food yourself you can keep it healthy with less oil and soy sauce. Plus you can bump up the amount of vegetables in it. A combination of broccoli and peppers is delicious. To cut down on prep time I like to use broccoli crowns, which are the tops of the bunches, with the stalks cut off. Most supermarkets sell broccoli crowns and although crowns are more expensive than entire bunches, there is considerably less waste. Tofu makes a delicious stand-in for chicken in Kung Pao Tofu because it soaks up tons of flavor from the sauce.
Here are recipes for healthy versions of Chinese dishes that are easy to make at home:
Do you cook Chinese food at home? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)