I often drive to visit my family on long holiday weekends. I used to not enjoy the trips because when I got hungry I would have to pull over at a rest stop and buy fried food that I would spend the latter half of my drive regretting. So now I pack a cooler with healthy lunches that keep me satisfied for the entire trip. When I stop, I find a picnic bench and enjoy a sandwich or salad that I packed and I don’t have to deal with swarms of people, greasy food or regrets.
BBQ Chicken Sandwich – Toss leftover cooked chicken with barbecue sauce and crunchy carrots for a quick and healthy lunch.
Greek Tofu Salad – This quick tofu salad is flavored with feta, onion, olives and lemon. Make it a meal: Spoon the salad into toasted whole-wheat pitas and add lettuce leaves.
Londoner’s Egg Sandwich – A simple egg sandwich gets added zing from whole-grain mustard and fresh dill.
Crab Salad-Stuffed Pitas – This bright and easy breakfast packs two servings of fruit plus soy protein and fiber.
Orzo Salad with Chickpeas & Artichoke Hearts – Quintessential Greek flavors—feta, lemon and dill—combine perfectly in this hearty salad.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)