Parenting involves compromises—anyone who’s ever had a 3-year-old pass through their lives can attest to that. Of course we hate to compromise when it comes to getting the light of our lives to eat things that are good for them—but when you want to feed them in a restaurant without a fuss, you’re grateful to the inventor of popcorn chicken.
Don't Miss: More Fast & Healthy Family-Friendly Dinners
Learning how to turn chicken breast into a fun-sounding meal can save your sanity at home, too, and for less money and more nutrition. And with EatingWell’s recipe for Popcorn Chicken, it’s so easy you won’t even consider using frozen tenders. A fan who commented on our recipe for Spicy Pecan Popcorn Chicken on eatingwell.com said: “My whole family loves this meal. My husband asks me to make it at least once a week. My two-year-old is a very picky eater, but, when I make this he eats it all and wants more. It's so easy and quick.”.
Don’t Miss: 6 Processed Foods You Can Easily Make at Home
Follow these easy steps to make popcorn chicken at home and you’ll have a delicious dinner everyone in the family can enjoy.
1. To serve four people, start with 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast. Cut it into 1-inch cubes.
2. Make a savory mix of whole-wheat breadcrumbs (or Grape-Nuts!), pecans, chili powder and salt in the food processor. Dip the chicken pieces in egg white, then coat with the crunchy coating.
3. The next step is the key to giving your little nuggets that crispy crust we crave: spray them really well, all over, with canola oil cooking spray. Then into the oven they go, for just 15 minutes, while you mix up a quick creamy dipping sauce and your grateful children set the table.
Spicy Pecan Popcorn Chicken
Print, save and share this recipe!
These spicy and crunchy pecan-crusted chicken nuggets are paired with a quick, creamy ranch dip. If you can’t find coarse breadcrumbs, substitute Grape-Nuts cereal instead.
Don’t Miss: More Healthy "Fried" Chicken Recipes
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)