Last week was super-busy for me. I had bills to pay, people to see and a very cluttered house to clean. I never felt like I could get ahead, let alone give myself time to fix dinner. When I need to eat and get on to something else, I find it hard not to reach for the phone and just order pizza for delivery. But in the time it takes me to order and actually get the pie, I could make an ultra-quick recipe (and I also wouldn’t feel guilty for ordering pizza). It’s not hard to make dinner in 20 minutes—especially if you focus your meal around quick-cooking chicken.
Here are some ultra-quick chicken recipes that I like to make instead of ordering takeout:
Barbecued Chicken Burritos These burritos are something of a Tex-Mex wonder: tangy barbecue sauce, some roast chicken (or rotisserie chicken) and vegetables, all wrapped up in tortillas. For the best taste, look for a fiery barbecue sauce without added corn syrup.
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Salsa Verde Salsa verde, a piquant Italian herb sauce, dresses up basic grilled chicken breasts. This versatile sauce is also excellent with fish or pasta.
Orange marmalade and freshly grated orange zest make a deliciously tangy sauce for quick-cooking chicken tenders. Serve with brown rice.
What are your favorite superfast dinner recipes? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)