When I say “dinner in a bowl,” I don’t mean cold cereal. Despite what you may call “dinner” in the privacy of your own kitchen or living room when no one else is watching, I prefer something more healthful and more satisfying. Granted, these recipes will take a little more effort than opening a box and a little more skill than sniffing the milk to make sure it’s still OK—but not much more. They’re worth setting the table for. Take the time to try these 5 delicious recipes and dinner will be ready before you can say “snap, crackle, pop!” (For more dinner ideas, check out our Quick Dinner Recipe Collection with 25+ recipes ready in 30 minutes or less.)
1. In just 25 minutes, you can be serving everyone in the house Inside-Out Lasagna. (Sounds cool, right?)
2. Quick Pork & Chile Stew goes from one pot into four bowls, steaming hot and full of south-of-the-border flavor.
3. It isn’t often we pull out the heavy cream around here, but when we do it’s for a very good cause: in this case, Cod with Tomato Cream Sauce (even so, it’s still just 1⁄4 cup of cream).
4. Perhaps you order out from Asian noodle houses more than you’d care to admit; master our recipe for spicy Brothy Chinese Noodles in a quick half hour and you’ll be making them regularly at home instead.
5. You don’t have to be a vegetarian to love Tofu au Vin, a meat-free twist on the classic French dish coq au vin (chicken and mushrooms simmered in a red-wine sauce).