My husband and I have what I like to call “brinner” a few times a month. What is brinner, you may ask? For the uninitiated, brinner is breakfast for dinner. Brinner is what breakfast-lovers figured out long ago: with all the awesome breakfast recipes out there, like frittatas, pancakes and waffles, why only make them for breakfast? Who has time to make waffles on a Wednesday morning anyway? But Wednesday night? Wednesday night is a different story…
Here are a few of our favorite brinner recipes.
Apple-Bacon Pancakes with Cider Syrup—If you like apple pancakes and you like bacon, you’ll love the taste of these sweet, smoky pancakes. Any kind of apple works well. A quick cider syrup drizzled on top enhances the apple flavor.
Whole-Grain Waffles with Cherry Sauce—Cornmeal adds appealing texture to these waffles and hot cherry sauce is a tasty, nutrient-rich alternative to maple syrup.
Artichoke-Scrambled Eggs Benedict—Roasted artichoke bottoms stand in for English muffins in this quick yet elegant supper. Substitute roasted mushrooms for the pancetta for a vegetarian option.
Smoked Trout Hash with Mustard Greens—We’ve combined assertive mustard greens, smoky trout and crisped potatoes in this interpretation of a hash. If you prefer a milder green, substitute spinach or chard. Lay a poached egg on top for an easy dinner.
Green Eggs & Ham Frittata—This version of green eggs and ham is full of spinach, leeks and dill, along with ham and havarti cheese. Leftovers are great cold or heated up for breakfast or lunch the next day.
What’s your favorite breakfast for dinner? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)