I can hardly wait for strawberry-picking season to roll around each summer—and then, when we finally get to go pick strawberries, I can hardly wait to get them home before eating most of them. But next time I have a bounty of ruby-sweet berries, I’m committed to saving at least 3 cups of them for a refreshing and super-simple desert that celebrate the best of strawberries.
This recipe for Vanilla Strawberries with Lemon Ricotta is by sustainable-food advocate and chef Jesse Ziff Cool. (To read more about sustainable organic strawberry farming, see the full story here.) She suggests we indulge even further and serve the berries on whole-milk ricotta, with ginger cookies on the side; we found it just as delicious with part-skim ricotta—but it’s nice to have options. And fresh strawberries!
Vanilla Strawberries with Lemon Ricotta
Print, save and share this recipe!
Makes: 4 servings, 1/2 cup ricotta & 1/2 cup berries each
Active time: 20 minutes | Total: 35 minutes
To make ahead: Prepare Step 1 up to 2 hours ahead.
Simple and perfect, this strawberry-and-ricotta dessert recipe dresses up the basic combination of strawberries and ricotta just a bit, but it’s still quite unadorned, so make it when you have great strawberries. Part-skim ricotta is used to keep calories and saturated fat in check in this easy dessert, but for a real indulgence try it with whole-milk ricotta.
Don’t Miss: Healthy Recipes for 12 More Italian Desserts
How do you like to dress up fresh strawberries? Tell us what you think below.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)