3 Simple Yet Stunning Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
By Gretel H. Schueller, November 18, 2013 - 4:04pm
During the busy holidays, knowing a dead-easy side dish that’s also festive is like having a secret weapon. And we’ve got three of them just for you. We’ve taken familiar veggies of the season—carrots, green beans and Brussels sprouts—and spruced them up with a few effortless tricks to make these sides truly special: Carrots get glamorous with a glaze of pomegranate molasses and a sprinkle of pistachios. Brussels sprouts are dressed up with savory pancetta and sage. Bundles of green beans look as pretty as a present when wrapped with a “ribbon” of scallion and drizzled with garlicky browned butter. In fact, these easy sides are so good they might just become the feature event on your holiday table.
Pomegranate Molasses-Glazed Carrots with Pistachios
In this glazed carrot recipe, instead of a traditional sugar glaze, we glaze spiced carrots with a combination of sweet-tart pomegranate molasses and honey. A touch of butter and a sprinkling of pistachios make them a decadent yet simple vegetable side dish for any meal.
Green Bean Bundles with Garlic Browned Butter
This green bean recipe is impressive-looking but simple to make. The bundles make a wonderful addition to a holiday table or a fun presentation to liven up any dinner party menu.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Sage
In this roasted Brussels sprouts recipe, pancetta—cured Italian-style bacon—seasons sweet Brussels sprouts with a hint of salt and a touch of smoke that goes nicely with the fresh sage. These Brussels sprouts are the perfect vegetable side dish to any turkey, pork or chicken dinner.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)