I think it’s fair to say that cauliflower was nearly forgotten—the lone vegetable left on the veggie platter after all others have been eaten or hidden under a blanket of cheese sauce. But cauliflower has recently been rediscovered as a skinny “starch” and is making a comeback on the menus of family-style restaurants and high-brow eateries alike as an alternative to the higher-carb potato.
Boasting a mere 29 calories per cup, and a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate and fiber, cauliflower deserves its newfound “hot veggie” status as a go-to for side dishes, salads and as part of flavorful stews and main dishes.
Satisfy your carb cravings with these delicious cauliflower recipes.
In Creamy Mashed Cauliflower, it produces the creamy texture of mashed potatoes.
Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is one of my all-time favorite recipes. Roasting cauliflower in the oven isn’t necessarily traditional, but it yields a nutty flavor.
It adds plenty of crunch when eaten raw in Creamy Chopped Cauliflower Salad.
I love Indian food, so this Indian-Spiced Eggplant & Cauliflower Stew fits the bill perfectly.
And of course, a lightened cheese-sauce-topped Skillet Cauliflower Gratin is still a favorite way to enjoy cauliflower!
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)