Summer Slim-Down Challenge Day 3: Drink Plenty of Water
By Lisa D'Agrosa, April 17, 2014 - 9:32am
Water definitely does a body good. In one 2010 study, people who drank 2 cups of water before meals lost more weight than those who didn’t. Plus, drinking water can help edge out calories from calorie-laden beverages like juice, soda and even sweetened tea or coffee. Unsweetened tea, coffee and seltzer are all good zero-calorie options to try. Try adding a squeeze of lemon or lime juice to iced tea and seltzer to make them more flavorful.
Find out how much water you should drink each day.
Do This Today: Carry a reusable water bottle with you or pack other calorie-free options (seltzer or unsweetened tea or coffee).
Dinner Tonight: Seared Salmon with Sugar Snap-Fennel Slaw
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)