Diet Challenge Tip 9: Make Half Your Plate Veggies
By Kerri-Ann Jennings, January 6, 2012 - 3:26pm
Tip 9: Make half your plate veggies
Make your plate look like this.
1) Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables
2) Reserve a little over a quarter of your plate for grains and make them whole at least half the time
3) Give protein a bit less than a quarter of your plate
Making your plate veggie-focused will also make it lighter, since nonstarchy vegetables tend to fill you up on fewer calories. By the way, this basic formula—mostly veggies, smaller amount of whole grains and meat—can be used in combo dishes as well. Try these produce-packed dinners to get started.
For more diet challenge tips, meal plans and get-started guide, visit the Diet Challenge landing page.
Tell us what you think:
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)